What's new

Welcome to Palworld Forums - Best Guides, Mods, and Community Discussions

Palworld Forums! As a vibrant community of Palworld enthusiasts, we're excited to have you explore, engage, and contribute. Whether you're here to share strategies, seek advice, or just chat about your Palworld adventures, you've found the right place. Join us in discussing, learning, and growing together in the exciting world of Palworld. Your journey starts here!

🗺️ Guide How To Enable Mods for your Coop and STEAM Dedicated Server & More. RE-UE4SS 3.0.1 | Palworld...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry and ignorant question, I'm thinking about donating some pizzas, could you tell me if with your guide I can install mods that use UE4SS, like OK, those visual mods etc on a rented dedicated server? If the answer is no, is there a lighter and more stable way to run a server with all these mods other than host coop? I feel like it weighs a lot even though my PC is strong, I play with about 6 friends...

Sorry and ignorant question, I'm thinking about donating some pizzas, could you tell me if with your guide I can install mods that use UE4SS, like OK, those visual mods etc on a rented dedicated server? If the answer is no, is there a lighter and more stable way to run a server with all these mods other than host coop? I feel like it weighs a lot even though my PC is strong, I play with about 6 friends...
Linux, no. Not as of yet.

Windows yes. Linux and Pak mods.

Depending on PC specs, you can self host a dedicated and play on the same PC with the 6 friends. RAM would be the factor here. Of the 2 dedicated I host locally, I can only speculate, that for the 4 players on each, it eats about 12gigs each.

So best guess you'll need approx 16 gig free of ram to self host or another machine.

While I don't have a super powerful PC, I do have 128gb of ram, so I barely notice.

I notice that when the players are in the same area or are moving as a unit, ram usage isn't as high. So it would vary. If this makes sense.

What's better, setting up a dedicated server on my PC, or hosting coop via Steam? Or is it the same?

What's better, setting up a dedicated server on my PC, or hosting coop via Steam? Or is it the same?
Given the information you provided, a dedicated is better. As I believe only 4 players is available, before crashing and errors, in the "single player, coop" client.

This also opens up that in the event you can't play, you can leave the dedicated running on your own machine and jump in when you please.

Personally I can't justify the server rental cost if my own pc can do everything.

Things I look at are, the time frame everyone is on vers when they aren't. So example, say you pay the monthly fee, but out of 30 days, only 4 total days are utilized.

It's not a viable option, in my opinion. Again given you can freely run the server on your own pc. Allows more modding freedom.

Rental servers, of those I have helped, they have been limited to additional file size limitations. So if the server itself is 4 gigs, and the server size limit is 5 gigs, once you start modding that file size starts adding up. As well as some mods do not work on rented servers. No matter which method. I spent 12 hours trying to help a user and the end result was the same. The server host was blocking file access and would not allow unless it was through official channels. Steam workshop.

Hosting a dedicated locally allows free range.

And what about cloud computers like aws amazon servers, google cloud or azure microsoft?
I'm a bit of a layman but I talked a little with a friend and it seems like a good opportunity, what do you know about it?

And what about cloud computers like aws amazon servers, google cloud or azure microsoft?
I'm a bit of a layman but I talked a little with a friend and it seems like a good opportunity, what do you know about it?
I am not familiar, nor have I any first hand experience, with those.

Ry0uSh1n updated How To Enable Mods for your Coop and STEAM Dedicated Server & More. RE-UE4SS 3.0.1 | Palworld v2.2.0 with a new update entry:

Live Guide Updated for 2.2.0 Update

Title.

This will be my final update. I am moving onto bigger projects. I am still open to assisting those needing my services, but on sundays only. Otherwise, effective May 1, 2024., I will be ceasing all additional support. Family life comes first and a much needed break from the work load is needed. Thank you to everyone who donated and allowed me to bring joy to you, your friends and family.

`Ryo

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back