What's new

Welcome to Palworld Forums - Best Guides, Mods, and Community Discussions

Palworld Forums! As a vibrant community of Palworld enthusiasts, we're excited to have you explore, engage, and contribute. Whether you're here to share strategies, seek advice, or just chat about your Palworld adventures, you've found the right place. Join us in discussing, learning, and growing together in the exciting world of Palworld. Your journey starts here!

đź’ˇ Informative Palworld Type Chart

Reaction score
If you're familiar to how Pokemon has it's type match up, Palworld's type chart isn't too different. There's less types to worry about in Palworld, which may make it easier for you to remember the type match ups. It's best to get familiar with Palworld's Type Chart so you know which Pals will be best against certain bosses! Credit goes to u/mastersmash over on the Palworld subreddit for this handy chart that not only showcases the type matchup chart which can be found in game, but also goes into a little more detail on how these type match ups work.
important-info-regarding-pal-elements-v0-76zwfgq9omec1.jpeg

Poor neutral types exists just to be destroyed by dark types?
Yes lol, though Neutral is supposed to be the "good" alignment and dark is usually depicted as "evil." (Though not all characters who use dark magic or powers are evil...) It makes sense, I do like that PocketPair went with Neutral instead of LIght.

I don't know if I like how there are no upsides to using a normal pal at all, at least in Pokemon they are immune to ghost which is pretty powerful

I don't know if I like how there are no upsides to using a normal pal at all, at least in Pokemon they are immune to ghost which is pretty powerful
Yep and in Pokemon other than fighting type they don't have any other weaknesses. At least in Palworld you can use them to work at your bases lol, Cattiva is good to have in your party if you want to be able to carry more items. In battle they're alright, but I'd rather use other types for sure.

Yep and in Pokemon other than fighting type they don't have any other weaknesses. At least in Palworld you can use them to work at your bases lol, Cattiva is good to have in your party if you want to be able to carry more items. In battle they're alright, but I'd rather use other types for sure.
Would you like to see them add more types or do you think this is good the way it is?

Would you like to see them add more types or do you think this is good the way it is?
Hmm... as it is now it seems pretty balanced other than the fact that Neutral isn't strong against any type, but it's also well, neutral to every type. I don't think they need to add any new types right now. The reason why Dark and Steel were added in Pokemon was due to an oversight where Psychic didn't really have a weakness in Generation 1 of Pokemon. Sure bugs are super effective but there really weren't any bug type moves that were decent back then, plus Ghosts were supposed to be super effective against Psychic but they ended up being not effective at all due to a glitch lol. Fairy was later added because Spritomb didn't have a weakness due to it's typing.

Also I don't know why the type chart has the shape it does, where fire is the only type that counters two types, wouldn't this be unbalanced?

I guess fire is a bit overpowered, perhaps ground should eventually become super effective against fire? In Pokemon ground type moves are quite effective against fire types, but then wouldn't the other types need to have another type super effective against it?

I guess fire is a bit overpowered, perhaps ground should eventually become super effective against fire? In Pokemon ground type moves are quite effective against fire types, but then wouldn't the other types need to have another type super effective against it?
Yeah this is technically unbalanced, fire would need to be weak to something else, if ground beats fire, water ice beats ground, grass beats water (grass doesn't even beat water right now what is going on??) then it becomes Pokemon, some people say they like how simple it is in Palworld but its not balanced and its doesn't make sense in some cases

Yeah this is technically unbalanced, fire would need to be weak to something else, if ground beats fire, water ice beats ground, grass beats water (grass doesn't even beat water right now what is going on??) then it becomes Pokemon, some people say they like how simple it is in Palworld but its not balanced and its doesn't make sense in some cases
Plus if it the typing chart aligned with Pokemon, you know they'll be more people complaining about how "Palworld is a Pokemon knock off" lol. Maybe a new type or two could be added later on. Perhaps a light type, or mech type.

Plus if it the typing chart aligned with Pokemon, you know they'll be more people complaining about how "Palworld is a Pokemon knock off" lol. Maybe a new type or two could be added later on. Perhaps a light type, or mech type.
I have seen so many people complain, honestly I don't really care personally, even if they just straight up copy Pokemon at this point, I agree with the sort of statement I have heard a lot, if they make a fun game who the heck cares, not gonna defend Nintendo when they make what I think are overpriced games that are starting to feel too stale

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back